As I was
reading an FB post on 'Rizq' (the Provisions of the AlMighty), I was reminded of
the time that I sat to thank Allah for all the things that He has Blessed me
with. It was the time when I got the opportunity to perform Umrah. While
facing Masjid Al Haram, as I started to say AlHamdulillah for the things that I
could think of, it dawned on me that the list that I was making was never going
to end. Masha Allah. That was in 2007.
Six years
later, today, I am at a point where I find so many things that have happened and are happening lately in my life, not to my liking. As my heart and mind started riding a ‘Why
me?’ questioning mode, this FB post on 'Rizq' reminded me about the ‘Thank you’
list that I drew up six years back. Hence, I have decided to count my
blessings yet again to remind me that life hasn’t come to a halt (as I imagine
it to be). It would be unfair to say a mere ‘Thanks’ for all the things that He
has Blessed me with. It is with gratitude that I bow down to the Almighty for all the Rizq that He has provided me with in the form of health, love, family, friendship, knowledge, and lots more.
On seeing
the unimaginable atrocities against the innocent people of Syria, especially
young children, I did not need too much time to thank the Almighty for the safe
environment that we live in. On seeing a cousin’s wife struggle in handling her
five young boys (Masha Allah), the youngest two of them being three month old
twins, I decided to overlook my tiredness in handling my baby, especially with
the help and support of my son and husband.
Every time
that I have been brought down by my problems; the Almighty has His Amazing way
of bringing me up by showing what others are facing. And ultimately, my
problems are as light as a feather can be. Alhamdulillah. Seriously! When you count your blessings, your life seems perfect with all its
imperfections.
Praying
that you all seek Peace in the Blessings that He has bestowed you with.
Very thoughtful and inspiring....
ReplyDelete